Monday, April 16, 2012

Non-polish post time!

I thought I would try something new, and show what I recieved in my Birchbox and MyGlam bags this month.  I know people are very familiar with the service so I wont bore anyone with the details.  I recently decided to give birchbox another try, as I had cancelled it back in December.  They sent me an email to get 100 points on their site so I figured why not, lol.  I was plesantly surprised with what i got though.


This is the Yes to Blueberries towelettes, Pur Minerals Tinted Moisturizer (came in medium so it actually matches my skin tone!), Benta Berry Exfoliating cleanser, Kahina argan oil and facial lotion, and Wonderstruck perfum sample.  Given the sizes and the usability I think it was worth $10.  The last 2 I got were terrible and that was what made me cancel before but if it stays like this, I would be happy.  I did see that others got a zoya polish, but I didnt on this round.....darn!  LOL 


The other subscription I use is MyGlam.  I have been happy with their bags since I started.  I know some havent been happy with the amount of coupons they send, but I do not have any complaints.  They had a great dermstore coupon in this as well, $15 off a $30 order.


This bad had a Lip Quench treatment, urban decay eye pencil, ALl-Belle lashes and 2 brushes to add to the brush from last month.  I love lashes so I am looking forward to trying them, and the balm worked wonders on my chapped lips.  We had a big weather change and my lips were instantly chapped and dry but after using is this weekend my lips are soft again. 


Next purchase was a makeup brush from sigma.  I bought the F84, Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki. 


I admit, I love watching the MakeupByTiffany videos and she did a foundation video for summer.  I have used the same foundation mentioned for the last 2 years and loved it, but during summer I sometimes have issues with a matte full coverage foundation, but used her technique with this brush and it works great!  If you want to see it, the video can me found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCcsYFnJ3Q


Lastly, I just got an email that the 3 wick candles at Bath and Body works are 2 for $20, which is a great deal!  They are normally $19.99 each so they are half priced with this sale.  These are one of my favorite brands for candles and my current one is just about gone.  I splurged and ordered 4 candles for $40.  However you can you the code s125536 thru the 19th and get 20% off your order.  This basically paid for the shipping.  I have issues when I go into the store, all the different scents leave me with a killer headache so I usually opt for buying online.  I know its hard to know the scents that way, but you can still get them 2 for $20 in stores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment