Thursday, October 11, 2012

inner decorator is bursting out

Most know I have recently purchased my first home, and I am having tons of fun decorating it.  I thought I would share a few of the pictures of what I have done thus far.  I have only been in my house about a month, but I have my house warming party on October 20th so I wanted it to be a little more put together.  I love stores like Zgallerie, Pier 1 and TJ Maxx for my shopping, and draw inspiration from several different magazines on my Kindle. 
Also, I know its early but I am looking for new Christmas trees as well, haha.  My old one was 5 ft, and where my living room has a higher ceiling I feel I need at least a 7 ft tree. 
Anyway, I am getting off subject.....on to the pictures!

The shower curtain I ordered from Anna's Linens to match my beadspread in the master bedroom.  Everything else came from Bed Bath and Beyond.  I got a 20% off my entire purchase coupon after I did my change of address so I took advantage of it.  I especially love the mirror!  I am thinking of picking up another one for my office.

The large piece over the mantle came from Pier1.  I loved the colors, especially since I wanted the peacock jewel tones.  The candle holders are from Zgallerie and the little owl from TJ Maxx.  The flower and feathers are from Michaels.  I cut apart 2 different arrangements and placed them on the mantle.

 This is the guest room.  I need to paint this ASAP, but I love the bed and bedding.  I bought the bed at a resale furniture shop for $250 and the bedding is from Bed Bath & Beyond. 

This is my front door, decorated for fall.  I refused to pay $70 for a wreath so I made this one for $20.  I loved the way it came out!  I need 2-3 more pumpkins to fill out the space.

This is the guest bathroom.  I bought this set at the Lenox outlet in Tennessee.  I loved the little birds so when I saw the little birds at Hancock fabric I knew I had to get them!  The curtain, rug, towels (not pictured) and sick accessories were not cheap but not too crazy either.  Plus I figured this bathroom would probably get the most use as its off the living room.
 
Master bedroom.....i LOVE this bedding!  I bought it at Anna's Linens back in January.  I have since added the big euro pillows.

This is just a little collage early on of a few things I added. 

I love the starbursts!  I have this one over by bed but its pretty small.  I think its 14 inches across.  I would love to find a bigger one, but do not want to pay $200 for it either.  I bought this one at Pier1 for $29.  If you know where I can get a bigger one please let me know!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment