Monday, August 20, 2012

Ciate Velvet Nails

I recently saw the Ciate Velvet Nails at my sephora.  Being a huge Ciate fan I was intrigued but being that I had already checked out I didnt grab it.  So I do the next best thing....ordered it at Sephora.com!  HAHA  There were a couple other things I wanted so the next day I did my order for Berry Poncho and Mink Cashmere.

These are $19 each, and is also available in Blue Suede.
You basically paint your nails with 2 coats of polish.  Right after you apply the decond coat you sprinkle the crushed velvet over your nail and brush off the excess.  Easy enough.
This show my results.  Minor cleanup on the polish needed but overall the effect was great. 
Next day however, this is what I was left with.  My thumb looked great but the other nails just looked textured but not velvet.  Only thing that might have made a difference on the thumb was just I did the velvet twice on it.  I didnt get it coated well enough the first time so I did another layer of polish over the velvet that I had already done. 

Its been a few weeks since I bought this kit, but I havent tried it a second time.  I thought about returning both kits, but I love the actual polish and since those sell for $14 anway I didnt feel it was a huge loss to just keep these.  I will try it again though.  Hopefully I get better results the second time though.  :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment