Thursday, June 19, 2014

Im coming back y'all!

So its been over a year since I have posted, but life has just gotten in the way.  I am a student again working towards a masters degree and still working full time.  Needless to say I have had a full plate....but I wanted to do this again for me.  I decided I was going to rebrand myself and become a little more of a lifestyle blogger.  I will still do my fair share of makeup/beauty posts, but also just posting about life, attempting to lose weight and just my life in general.  Everything in life just needs a little polish, right? 

So one of the new things in my life has been trying to make healthy choices.  I start my day with a fabulous smoothie, pack my lunch for work and try to eat a decent dinner at home.  While I have no intentions of jumping on a scale, I am measuring things by how my clothes fit.  So far, things are moving in the right direction.  Pants are looser (some too loose!  Yikes!) and I can start to wear skirts I havent been able to wear in a while.  I also purchased a fitbit flex in an attempt to move more.  I have even found myself walking laps in my office at the end of the day (and im alone), just to get my total step count up.  I am in need of fitbit friends, so if you use one lets be friends!  I got a gym membership and was all pumped about it till I read articles about fat shaming at gyms and it lost its luster.  Instead I have been walking at a local park, but now that tempuratures are climbing its a little too hot to be out.  I have some DVD's that I enjoy though.  Perhaps I can recommend a few in an upcoming post. 

Finally, if we are going to go on this journey I guess its only fair to provide an actual BEFORE photo, lol.  Lets see if in the course of 12 months anything changes!  Instead of the flattering above shot selfie lets go with a full on, no filter bathroom mirror shot.  Eek! 



And now, onward to the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment